When you open your QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks is unable to use the path to open the company file you see the following error message:
“QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file. Before you can open the company file from your computer you must first open the company file on the computer where the company file is located. (-6177, 0)”
In this article you will learn how to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0. To know more call QuickBooks Error Support.
Solution 1: By moving the file to the local hard drive
• Firstly, move the company file to the local C drive from the server.
• Now, from the C drive open the file in QuickBooks.
• Create a portable file and save the file in C drive.
• Close the company file.
• Restore the portable file From the C drive restore the portable file and then save it to the server.
• Close the company file.
• From the server, open the company file.
Solution 2: By using the QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 3: By manually resolving QuickBooks error code -6177, 0
If solution no. 1 and 2 doesn’t work for you then follow these steps:
• Open your company file in the computer and close your QuickBooks desktop. Delete the Network Descriptor (*.ND) file (It is created by QuickBooks Desktop automatically):
1. Where the company file is stored open that folder and find the file with an .ND file extension; it will look something like MyCompanyFileName.QBW.ND.
2. Right-click on the .ND file and then click on Delete.
• Follow these steps to configure the QuickBooks Database Manager:
1. Select the Windows Start button and then click on Programs
2. Select QuickBooks and then QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Note: On your keyboard press Windows in windows 8 and enter QuickBooks Database Manager. Now, click on QuickBooks Database Manager.
3. Select Add Folder button.
4. Search for the folder having the QuickBooks Desktop company file (or files) and then select OK.
5. (This step is Optional) To add additional folders, repeat the steps given above.
6. Select the Scan button. The QuickBooks company files list shows all the company files hosted by QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
7. Click on Close after the scan is complete.
• In Windows, check the company file access permissions.
1. To share company files web page to verify permissions are set up correctly, go to the Set up folder permissions.
2. Set permissions for QuickBooks if you need to.
• Where the error message was displayed, open the file on that computer.
To know more on how to get rid of error code -6177, 0 in QuickBooks call QuickBooks Error Support on 1 (877) 227 2303. Also, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit, www. qbooks247.com.