QuickBooks is most generic accounting software which is mainly used for financial accounting tools. This software is designed and developed by intuit. This QuickBooks error occurs whenever you are trying to open a company file and you are not able to open a company file. It is always suggested that you must open it from a computer where it is stored. Make sure your PC have the full version of QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Support will provide you ways to resolve QuickBooks Error -6177.
Please go through following steps:
Method 1: Firstly update QuickBooks Desktop
If at all you have not updated QuickBooks, make sure your QuickBooks is up to date.
Method 2: To Update your file Location
On the offset if you are keeping you company file on a server on any external hard drive, or in the cloud computing, you should modify its location. Follow below mentioned steps will tell you to move it on your local drive and back again to that location where it was.
- Click on the Windows Start menu on server computer.
- Enter “File Explorer” into search bar and click on File Explorer.
- Look for and choose your QuickBooks folder.
- Search your company file in QuickBooks, with .QBW extension. It should be like
: [company name].qbw.
- Type the drive name and location of QuickBooks.
- Shift your company file from QuickBooks folder to your C: drive.
- Simply shift the file, not the complete folder.
To manage a portable company file and restore it to your server
- Now, your company file is available on a local drive.
- And thus you can create a transportable company file.
- This is a compressed version of your company’ financial data.
- Click on QuickBooks Desktop on your PC where you moved your company file.
- Click on Open tab or restore your existing company.
- Click on open for company file you shifted to C: drive.
- This makes a transferable version of your company file which also resets your location of file data.
- Choose the File menu and click on Quit QuickBooks. You can click on reopen QuickBooks.
- Move to the File menu and then choose Open or Restore Company.
- Click onrestore a portable file and then chooseNext.
- Locate and select the portable company file (QBM) you created.
- Then click onOpen and Next.
- For the restore location, choose the drive you initially moved your company file from the location.
- Click on Save which puts your company file back to your network.
- Click on the File menu and choose Quit QuickBooks.
Step 3: Install and run File Doctor on your server
- Install and operate File Doctor.
- It will scan and free up your QuickBooks company file.
- This also revives the location.
We really hope this QuickBooks Error -6177 will sought out your issues. For further assistance feel free to contact QuickBooks customer Support. Our technical expertise will surely revert you within next 24 hrs. You can also drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.