Personalizing QuickBooks Desktop by learning to create customized fields.
Inclusive to general data fields, you can capture specific customer, vendor, employee, product, and service details by create custom fields. You can add custom fields to sales forms and reports to focus on the info that matters most to your business.
Important: Learn how many custom fields you can have in each edition of QuickBooks Desktop.
Creation of custom name fields
Use custom name fields to track specific customer, vendor and employee info.
- Select the Customer, Vendor, or Employee Then select Customer Centre, Vendor Centre, or Employee Centre.
- Double-click any profile on the list to open and edit it.
- Select the Additional Info Then select Define Fields.
- Name your custom field in the Label
- In the Use for column, select the checkbox to add the custom name field to customer, vendor, or employee profiles. You can track the same info for all three groups.
|Note: If you use QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you can also add preset data fields from the What kind of data? Column. Select Any text to create a free-form text field.|
- Select OKto save the custom field.
Your custom name field now appears in the Additional Info section for the type of people you choose to track.
Create custom item fields
Use custom item fields to track specific info for the products and services you sell.
- Go to the Lists menu and select Item List.
- Double-click any item on the list to open and edit it.
- Select Custom Fields. Then select Define Fields.
4. Name your custom field in the Label Names aren’t case-sensitive.
5. In the Use column, select the checkbox to turn on the custom field.
6. Select OK to save the custom field.
Your new custom item field now appears on the Custom Fields list for your products and services. Custom item fields can also be added to custom transaction templates.
Tracking custom name and item fields
Now you have the access to track lots of custom data. Here are a few things you can do with your custom name and item fields.
Add custom item fields to sales forms
- Create a new sales form, like an Invoice or Sales Receipt.
- Select the Formatting tab and then Customize Data Layout. If you are working in a locked template, select Make a Copy.
- In the window, select the tab for the section of the form you want to add your custom field to.
- Find your custom item field on the list. Select the Screen or Print boxes to add it.
|Important: Adding a field may affect the layout of your form. If you need to, here’s how to adjust the layout.|
- When you’re done, select OK.
Add custom name info to a customer, vendor, or employee profile
- Open a customer, vendor, or employee profile.
- Select the Additional Info
- Fill out the field for your custom name field. These fields are freeform. You can enter whatever value you want to track.
Add custom name and item fields to reports
- Go to the Reports menu and select Report Centre.
- Open a report on the list. Note:Not all reports can show custom fields.
3. Select Customize Report.
4. Select the Display tab. In the columns section, search for the name of your custom name or item field.
5. Select your custom name or item field. Then select OK to add it
6. Select Refresh on the report.
The custom field shows up as a column on the report.
To Know more about QuickBooks prompts to upgrade Internet explorer Call QuickBooks Technical Support USA on their toll-free number. Also, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24*7 available at your service. For more information visit, www.qbooks247.com.