In the growing business market, QuickBooks is one of the most demanding accounting software based in the USA used by small businesses or startups. With a variety of services provided by Intuit QuickBooks, there too many technical errors that occur while using the QuickBooks software. “QuickBooks Error H303”, is the most common error in this accounting software that occurs while attempting to make a connection with the company file. So, here we are discussing why this occurs happens and the effective steps to resolve the QuickBooks error in this article.
However you can stay touch with the QuickBooks Customer Support team for more information on the QuickBooks and the team will surely assist you.
What is QuickBooks Error H303 and Why It Occur?
This QBs error indicates that the QuickBooks Company files located on your desktop need an additional configuration. The main cause of occurring QuickBooks error H303 is that while attempting to access the company file located on a different computer and the computer needs additional installation and setup.
H303 QuickBooks Error occurs usually while software attempting to make a connection with the company file and fails to set up a connection with the server and then H303 error occurs. Some are the possible reasons why the error H303 occurs:
- Because of damaged or wrong .ND file.
- The QuickBooks company files hosted by the server can’t be acquired by the accounting software.
- Result of erroneous hosting configuration settings.
- Firewall blocks the communication process of the company files.
- Computer network problems.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error H303?
Solution 1: First of all verify QuickBooks Hosting Settings
- Open the QuickBooks software on a computer configured as multiple users.
- Choose the File on both computers and then select Utilities -> Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration.
- Now, turn on hosting on one of the computers by File -> Utilities -> Host Multi-User Configuration.
- Then, restart QuickBooks on both computers.
Solution 2: Secondly, Changing the QuickBooks Folder Location
- In the hosting computer create a new folder, share and set the Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Select and copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- Now, open your company files in multi-user mode.
Solution 3: Recreate Firewall Settings
- Start the computer and select Control Panel.
- Click on the Firewall Settings in the Control Panel.
- Select the Firewall Settings and then select to allow a Program through Firewall.
- Select the button ‘Add Program’ and then add ‘QuickBooks 20xx’ to the exception list.
- At last, you need to restart your computer to sure the changes are implemented successfully.
Sometimes the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps fail to fix the QuickBooks Error. In such a case, you look for assistance from reliable QuickBooks Customer Support. Contact us 24×7 through the QuickBooks phone number ☎ .