QuickBooks Error 6073 occurs when the consumer tries to access the company register. The company file cannot be accessed by the QuickBooks accounting software, according to the QuickBooks Error code 6073. The message also mentions that the company file might have been opened by another person. In this post, we’ll go through all of the potential causes of the error as well as simple solutions for fixing it.
You can call our QuickBooks support number for more details, and one of our experts will assist you.
The causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6073 are as follows:
The error 6073 can be caused by any of the factors mentioned below.
The company file you’re trying to access is already open on another PC in single-user mode.
The folder containing your QB company file is simply a read-only network folder.
A Linux server was used to host the files, and several sets of login credentials were used to access a shared folder.
The company file you’re trying to access is being accessed by a remote program from somewhere else, and the computer hosting the company file notices that the user is still alive, i.e. signed in.
The Best Ways to Repair QuickBooks Error 6073
There are a variety of solutions available to assist you in attempting to resolve Error Code 6073—
Run the QuickBooks File Doctor after downloading it.
Intuit’s QuickBooks File Doctor is a great tool for dealing with file and network issues in your business. The File Doctor software is available for download on the Intuit website and can be easily downloaded from there. After you’ve downloaded the qbfd.exe file, double-click it and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Methods for Manually Fixing QuickBooks Error 6073
If the above solution does not resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6073, try manually resolving the problem. Take the following steps if your company file is open in single-user mode on another device.
- First, shut down QuickBooks on all workstations.
- Then, on the computer that is hosting the QuickBooks company file, open the tab.
- Then pick File from the File menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Switch to Multi-user.
- If you’re still having problems, restart all of your computers.
Take these steps to correct QuickBooks Error 6073 if your company file is open in single-user mode on the computer that serves as the server.
- To begin, select File.
- Then, from the list that appears, choose Close Business.
- Open the business file once more.
- Then go to the File menu once more.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Open or Restore Business.
- After that, choose to open a Company file.
- Afterwards, press the next button.
- After that, pick a business file.
- Click Open File in Multi-user Mode.
- After that, click the open button.
Take these ways to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073 if your company file is stored in a network folder that is only read-only.
- To begin, go to the desktop that contains the company file.
- After that, open the company files from the folder where it is kept.
- Then select Properties by right-clicking somewhere in the empty space in the folder on your cursor.
- In the Properties pane, go to the Security tab.
- Then select a person who is experiencing authentication issues, and then select Edit.
- Put a checkmark in the box that says Enable Full Control.
- Then press the Apply button.
- Then press the OK button.
If you’re using remote software to access the device, follow these measures to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073.
- Press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time.
- Select Task Manager from the drop-down menu that appears.
- After that, On the Task Manager line, go to the Processes tab.
- Look for any systems that are listed as having a user-facing problem.
- Restart your computer if you see some available updates under that user in a scenario.
We propose that you apply for the above solution with the help of an expert or technician. Since QuickBooks error 6073 is difficult to solve for any user. If you need assistance with QuickBooks error 6073, call our QuickBooks Support Number USA to talk with one of our experts. You can also email us at (email@example.com). For more information, go to www.qbooks247.com.