The QuickBooks is very widely known among small and medium-sized businesses and is used by many people worldwide and the key reason behind this is that the software is easy to use and provides you some many features that help you manage the accounting part.
The disadvantage of using the software is the amount of complicated errors users continue to face while using the QuickBooks software at different phases.
In this article we will discuss the detailed information about the QuickBooks error 99001 including precisely what this error is, causes, symptoms and ways to resolve the error.
Let’s just begin learning…
The QuickBooks error 99001 messages may appear on your computer during program installation, or during Windows operating system installation process, Windows startup or shutdown, and while the QuickBooks software is working. It is necessary to keep track of the information like when and where the error has occurred to troubleshoot the error.
If you need more information about the error solution you can get in touch with the QuickBooks support and our experts will help you.
What does the Error 99001 in the QuickBooks means?
This QuickBooks error code implies that any user has opened the company file in a single-user environment that user switch to a multi-user environment is required. The server admin can terminate each QuickBooks session through the Task Manager if mandatory.
The QuickBooks Error is shown as: Error Code 99001: QuickBooks has run into a problem and needs to close. We’re sorry for the mistake.
The possible reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error Code 99001
QuickBooks error 99001 is a runtime error, which can be caused by different of reasons or that it is essential to solve any potential cause to avoid it from popping up in the future. Listed below are some of the potential causes:-
- If data files for the company are hosted on the Linux operating system server as well as use more than one set of login details when logging into the shared folder.
- If the the file is placed in a network folder with read-only permissions even that could lead to error.
- In case the company file is accessed using the remote software such as LogMeIn, GoToMyPC etc and the host system still appears to believe the user is logged in that results in error.
- This error also occurs when the file is opened in a Single User mode on another system.
- Unfinished QuickBooks software installation process or damaged download of the files can cause the error too.
- Malware or damage of the latest adjustment in the QuickBooks software in Windows Registry.
Some symptoms of the QuickBooks error 99001
Listed below are some of the symptoms of the QuickBooks Runtime Error code 99001 that could appear on the system:-
- Your computer occasionally starts to respond slowly or will freeze for a few seconds.
- As the Error message appears that will break the active programme window.
- Windows continues to run very slowly because of this error, and responds slowly.
- The computer on which the QuickBooks is installed collapses constantly when the same programme is run.
The ways to fix the QuickBooks error 99001
Solution 1: Use File Doctor in the QuickBooks
Using QuickBooks file doctor you can actually fix this error. So firstly, you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor and run it. This is vital so please take this step very carefully.
If that doesn’t help, just proceed to the next solution. But this solution is the easiest, because the only thing you need to do here is to install the file and try running it.
Solution 2: Manually fix error 99001 in the QuickBooks
Case 1: When the company file is opened in single user mode in a different workstation
- At First, you must exit the QuickBooks Desktop in all of the systems.
- And after that simply open the data file for the company on the host system.
- You must visit the file menu bar in this step and after that select toggle to a Multi-User environment.
- However in case you recognize the same problems, and then reboot all the workstations.
Case 2: In case the company file is open on the host system in a Single User mode.
- At first you have to visit the File menu bar and afterwards select Close company file.
- Afterward reopen the company file as well as visit the File menu bar, and after that click the Open or Restore option in the Company File.
- And after that choose open a company file, afterward select next.
- Then, apply your company file.
- Finally, in a multi-user environment, tap Open file and afterwards open.
Case 3: In case your company file is inserted in a network read-only folder
- At First, you ought to visit the system in which your company file is being hosted.
- After that just open the folder in which your company file is stored.
- Right-click on the folder afterwards and then just selects Properties.
- Then go to the security tab.
- And after that choose the user who has trouble logging in, and after that edit.
- Check to allow for total control during this step.
- Finally, click the Apply button, and thereafter press OK.
Case 4: If the system is controlled remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC etc. software.
- First of all, just right-click on the taskbar for such a case, and after that click on the Task Manager.
- And go to the Processes tab and see whether the processes are running under the user’s name which faces this issue.
- Then check if processes are running under that user, and after that restart your system.
The QuickBooks error 99001 may take place when attempting to install QuickBooks or it may happen when installing Windows operating system start-up and shut-down. The above mentioned techniques are very useful in eradicating the QuickBooks error 99001. Our qualified professionals provide 24/7 technical support via phone, chat, and email. If you would like to discuss any more please feel free to contact us. As well if you have any other query, you can consult our QuickBooks Error Support Number. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please visit – www.qbooks247.com.