QuickBooks is widely regarded as one of the best accounting programs available. Its proclivity for some errors, on the other hand, cannot be ignored. QuickBooks error number 1618 is one such mistake that the software commonly encounters. We will discuss the sources of the issue and how to correct it in this blog. Please contact our QuickBooks error support staff if you require any additional information or assistance, and they will be happy to assist you in resolving the problem as fast as possible.
What is the meaning of error code 1618?
When a user tries to install QuickBooks desktop on his computer, he frequently receives error code 1618. When you attempt to enter or update apps, you may see this error. The warning ‘There was a problem installing Microsoft runtime library’ appears when this error occurs. This error is both inconvenient and time-consuming.
This issue may appear if there are multiple instances of the Windows installation operating at the same time. As a result, it’s critical that you install, update, and fix the system application.
Some Symptoms of the QuickBooks error 1618
- It’s accompanied by a runtime library error notice.
- It’s possible that the software will continue to freeze.
- The window slows down.
- When a mistake occurs, the system becomes unusable.
What are the possible causes of Error 1618?
- It’s possible that your QB installation has become corrupted.
- It’s possible that the installation procedure isn’t finished.
- It’s possible that the Windows registry has become corrupted.
- Due to a virus or malware, QuickBooks-related files or Windows system files may become contaminated.
- QuickBooks-related files could have been accidentally erased by a malicious application.
What are the different approaches to resolving QuickBooks issue code 1618?
You can attempt these basic troubleshooting steps to repair problem code 1618:
Method 1: Update the Windows installer’s version.
- To begin, you must first log in as an administrator.
- Then you’ll need to make sure the Windows installer is up to date.
- You will now need to go to My computer.
- Afterwards, open C:/WINDOWS/system32 and right-click on the exe file.
- So you must choose the attributes before moving on to the next stage, which is to go to Version.
- Following that, you will have access to all information pertaining to the Windows installation version.
- Afterwards, if updates are available, you must upgrade the software.
- The system must then be rebooted.
Method 2: Make a registry backup for Windows.
- You should make a backup of your Windows registry.
- The first step is to go to the windows taskbar and select the start tab.
- Then, by pressing Windows+R, you’ll be able to access the run command.
- The next step is to type regedit, and then click OK.
- The next step is to navigate to My Computer, then to the File menu, and then to the Export option.
- After that, you must choose all of the selections in the export range.
- After you’ve completed this step, you’ll need to save the registry backup to your desktop and afterwards delete the keys.
Method 3: Close MSIEXEC.EXE, which is now running in the background.
- EXE, which must be running in the background, must be closed.
- The following are some of the steps involved in this procedure:
- To begin, use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to launch the task manager.
- Then select the processes tab and organize this process alphabetically.
- After that, choose MSIEXEC.EXE and then select the End process option.
- You must now shut the Task Manager windows and try to instal QuickBooks Desktop again.
Method 4: Download and run the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- A QB instal diagnostic tool might assist you in resolving the problem. This tool is specifically developed to correct installation issues.
- To begin, you must close all currently open applications.
- Then you must download the QB tool hub file and save it to a location that is easily accessible.
- Now you must open the Quickbookstoolhub.exe file and follow the onscreen instructions to instal it.
- Check the box that says “I agree to the terms and conditions.”
- After the installation is complete, double-click the icon to activate it.
- You must now go to the tool hub and select the installation difficulty option.
- After that, you must run QuickBooks instal the diagnostic program which will correct the mistake.
Method 5: Use the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package to reinstall the Microsoft libraries.
- You must first obtain the MS Visual C++ redistributable package.
- Then you must choose the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package (x86) for the 32-bit PC package.
- Then, for a 64-bit system, choose the Microsoft Visual C++2008 redistributable package (X64).
- Afterwards you must save the downloaded package to a location where it will be easily accessible.
I believe that the techniques listed above will successfully resolve problem 1618; but, if you get stuck, you can contact QuickBooks specialists by dialing a QuickBooks phone number. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. You can also visit www.qbooks247.com, a website dedicated to providing answers to QuickBooks questions.