The error we are talking about here is “Error 1606: Could not access network location”.
You will come across this error when you are trying to install QuickBooks desktop. The reason for this can be:
- The network listed in the error is unavailable.
- Windows user account in use may be damaged.
Here are the procedures to fix this issue:
Installing QuickBooks using the Administrator user account which is handled by the company’s IT technician or owner of the company.
- Restart your computer and sign in using the Windows Administrator username and password.
- Install QuickBooks.
Installing QuickBooks in selective startup
Here’s how to start your computer in Selective Startup.
- Open the Run command. To do this on your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type msconfig. Then click OK.
- In the General tab, select Selective startup and Load system services.
- Go to the Services tab. Then select hide all Microsoft Services.
- Select disable all.
- Unmark the Hide all Microsoft Services check box.
- Check the list of services and make sure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected. If it is not, mark it and then select OK.
- On the System Configuration window, Click on restart.
To restore your computer to its normal configuration
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
- Type msconfig. Then select OK.
- In the General tab, select Normal Startup > OK.
- On the System Configuration window, select Restart.
Installing QuickBooks using a new Windows Administrator user. To do this, create a new Windows user credentials with Admin rights and install then install QuickBooks.
If you are running QuickBooks Desktop in Windows 7 installed in Parallels
- Sign out of your parallel and log back in.
- In the parallel Desktop, select Devices and click Shared Folders.
- Select Disconnect All (you will be logged out of the parallel).
- Sign back in and install QuickBooks Desktop.
Resolve incorrect registry subkey.
This process includes editing the registry, which, if not done correctly can damage your computer. To do this you will need the assistance of a system administrator.
If even after performing all the steps mentioned you still face the issue kindly call QuickBooks technical support expert to assist you further.
For more information about Installing QuickBooks visit www.qbooks247.com, you can reach our technical experts by calling at 1-877-390-1412.