There can be a situation wherein your QuickBooks desktop application fails to launch or if it is but doesn’t seem to open properly. This can be due to a few reasons which are interrupting QuickBooks from launching properly.
So let us see what we can do to fix this and make sure QuickBooks is perfectly alright.
First of all, ensure that once you click on the QuickBooks icon let it open completely. It might take some time, therefore, do not click multiple times and give ample time for it to launch.
If it does not launch properly kindly reboot your machine once and start QuickBooks fresh. This will end processes, clear cache and remove temporary files that may cause hindrance in opening QuickBooks desktop.
Now, what next we can do?
Next, we can check if the issue is with QuickBooks desktop application or the company file. So how do we do this?
We will launch QuickBooks desktop application without the company file. You need to ensure the proper functioning of QuickBooks application before any other troubleshooting. There can be a possibility that it is making an attempt to open the previous company.
- So launch QuickBooks application by double-clicking its icon on the desktop.
- Along with this press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard to prevent it from automatically opening a company file.
- Hold this key until you have a No Company window open. It might even not respond or give an error.
- Now, select the correct company file and click on Open.
After this, we can use the QBRefresher Tool so as to make a quick repair.
To do this you will have to download the refresher tool. This tool kills the QuickBooks desktop application processes that run in the background but are eventually stuck and runs a repair ensuring that everything works fine. Once the tool is run close and relaunch the QuickBooks application to see if this solution worked.
If you face any issue with refresher tool or need to know how to install and run this tool kindly contact QuickBooks technical representative for further assistance.
After the QBRefresher tool, we will run the QBInstall Diagnostics tools to fix the issues that are probably not taken care of by the steps performed above.
- Let’s start by downloading the diagnostic tool. You may use the link here -> Download File
- This will open in your default browser, shows as downloading.
- Once the download is complete save the file on the desktop.
- If any program or application open, close them all.
- Run the QBInstall Diagnostic Tool.
- After it is run completely and successfully kindly restart the machine.
We can even run a desktop application repair.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel. You may even type Control Panel in Start menu.
- Click on Programs and Features
- This will open a window that says Uninstall or change a program.
- Right, click on QuickBooks from the list of programs.
- Select Uninstall/Change.
- Now Continue -> Next
- Later Repair -> Next
- Let the repair complete.
- Finally, click on Finish and restart your machine.
At last, when none of the steps mentioned above worked we can execute a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop
If you need to know how to perform a clean installation of Quickbooks desktop kindly contact QuickBooks technical representative for further assistance.
To Know more about QuickBooks Desktop Call QuickBooks Desktop Support on their toll-free number 1-800-290-0629. Also, you can write to us at email@example.com. Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24*7 available at your service. For more information visit, www.qbooks247.com.