Whether it is a small or medium-sized company they have to be careful with the number and types of software they use for their operational activities. Many companies prefer to use the applications which can perform multiple functions at the same time. The QuickBooks is the accounting software which matches nicely through all packages. Many believe the software, since it could be used to manage revenues and expenditures apart from other related uses. While it provides various specialized advanced features and capabilities, functionality such as finance and payroll processing, inventory control, etc. The best thing is that each year Intuit releases a new edition of the QuickBooks with updated and improved features.
However if a particular parts fail, often users run into problems. Though the QuickBooks, is an incredible application it is not resistant to some kind of error or technical malfunction. One of such users’ typical problems is the QuickBooks error C=272 which occurs while attempting to run QuickBooks to validate the system’s Data Utility or QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility tool. This error interferes with the work process and creates complications as well, which is why it has to be fixed as quickly as possible. However, knowing the causes of the error is very important to arrive at a cure for the same.
In this article we will understand the causes and the ways to fix the error. In case you need any other information regarding the error, you can get in touch with our experts on QuickBooks support and they will surely assist you in the best possible way.
The reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code C=272
- This error could be due to disruption to the data
- this error occurs while attempting to access a report or related data form
- perhaps it can occur when forms 1099 and W2 are printed
- Running a memorized report made in an earlier edition of the QuickBooks has not been translated in the right way even that could lead to the error.
- Restarting the QuickBooks is an easy way to repair the issue and if the problem continues even after that, that may be the case of a ‘damaged data.’
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code C=272
Before you start with the steps, you need to rule out any possibility of data damage and just make an attempt to open the company file. If you find the error is still there then disable the compatibility mode for Windows 10.
Solution 1: opening the QuickBooks sample company file.
- At first Click and hold the Ctrl tab while the QuickBooks is being opened.
- Once the No Company window appears in front of you leave the Ctrl tab.
- In case the error happens before the No Company Open Windows shows on the computer, then the next step is to continue ahead.
- Press the open sample file and after that select a sample file from the list.
- Finally try opening the sample file.
Solution 2: the compatibility mode of the window 10 to be disabled with the QuickBooks Desktop Shortcut icon
- To begin the process at first right-click the shortcut icon on the QuickBooks
- You may then select Properties
- After that Click on the Compatibility Tab.
- When completed, unmark the checkbox that state ‘Run the compatibility program’
- Then click OK tab.
- After that Press Cancel, and continue with the next move.
Solution 3: Disable configuration of Windows compatibility mode for ‘QBW32.EXE’ file
- At First, right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Windows Desktop
- Then select Properties
- Open the installation folder of the QuickBooks until completed, and then click on the shortcut tab
- After that Click on Find Target
- And after that right-click the file QBW32.EXE and press the Properties link
- Then toggle on Compatibility
- Afterwards unmark the ‘Run program in compatibility’ checkbox
- Then click OK
- In case the checkbox is not marked then tap the Cancel button
- Finally close the Windows Explorer Window and the QuickBooks Shortcut Desktop Properties.
Solution4: Open QuickBooks and the Company File
To verify if the error is corrected or not, you ought to access your QuickBooks Desktop and even the company file.
Hope the above stated ways will help you to get rid of the QuickBooks Error code C=272. We do trust you to get the right advice or help from us. But if you ever have any difficulty you can email us directly at our help from QuickBooks Support phone Number. Our team of professionals with their experience will still be available to help you address problems and will do their best to lead you well. Also you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our bosses are still available to help you out 24 * 7.