When reviewing QuickBooks payroll, you can encounter QuickBooks Error 15101, which occurs when QuickBooks is unable to link to the internet in order to download updates. Internet access issues not only lead to issues updating payroll and functionality in QuickBooks Desktop, but they also affect things updating bank feeds. QuickBooks update error 15101 is part of the 15XXX series of errors, and depending on the underlying cause of the mistake, you can receive various error codes. When you try to run payroll updates to download the new tax tables, QuickBooks shows error code 15101. To quickly resolve QuickBooks error 15101, follow the below steps outlined in this post. If you need additional details, please contact our QuickBooks error support team, who will gladly assist you to resolve the issue.
Let us have a view on quick summary about the reason that leads to the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 15101.
Some of the most common causes of QuickBooks error 15101 are mentioned below:
- On Windows, all QuickBooks services are disabled.
- QuickBooks is not configured to retrieve internet connection settings using Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- QuickBooks is unable to link to the internet due to the Windows Firewall.
- QuickBooks internal processes are being disrupted by another third-party accounting software, resulting in error 15101.
IMPORTANT: If you’re having other errors in the 15XXX sequence, click the link underneath and obey the specific instructions in the post for an easy solution.
Ways to fix the QuickBooks error code 15101.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Reboot.bat script. Organize
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on the Desktop and exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose Open File Location from the Properties menu.
- Identify the Reboot.bat file and right-click it, then choose Run as Administrator.
- A command prompt window will appear on your screen, scrolling through QuickBooks files.
- Try to ensure you don’t close the command prompt window manually.
- The command prompt window will shut automatically once the Reboot.bat file has finished restoring QuickBooks services.
- If you’re still receiving QuickBooks Desktop Update error 15101 after opening QuickBooks and trying to run payroll again, move on to the next debugging phase.
Solution 2: Make Internet Explorer the default browser on your device.
- Tap Tools or the Gear icon in the top right corner of the window to open Internet Explorer.
- Move to the Programs tab in Internet Options.
- Tap the Make Default button.
- To save your changes, click OK.
NOTE: To prevent data loss, create a backup of your company file data prior proceeding towards the next debugging phase.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks in Safe Mode to reinstall it.
- Restart Windows and click the F8 key on your keyboard many times.
- The Safe Boot options will now appear in Windows.
- Using the navigation keys on your keyboard, choose Safe Mode.
- When you press Enter, Windows will boot into safe mode.
- Enter appwiz.cpl by pressing Windows + R.
- Double-click QuickBooks Desktop from the list of installed programmes after pressing Enter.
- To fully delete QuickBooks from Windows, follow the prompts.
- The QuickBooks setup file can be downloaded from the QuickBooks Product Download page.
- Double-click the file from your computer’s downloads folder and execute the on-screen directions.
- Fulfill the product registration process before attempting to amend QuickBooks payroll.
Solution 4: Change the Windows Firewall settings to exclude QuickBooks from the list of blocked programmes.
Solution 5: Run the procedure of QBConnector.exe again.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Look for QBConnector.exe in the Processes tab of the Task Manager Window.
- End the process by right-clicking on it.
- Restart QuickBooks to see if the issue has been resolved.
If QuickBooks error 15101 has been fixed, ensure that Windows is switched back to its original mode from safe mode. Even if you’ve gone through all of the troubleshooting measures, the QuickBooks update error could still be worrying you. If this is the case, users can call QuickBooks Support Phone Number to speak with a licensed professional who can provide immediate assistance and support. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions. Visit our website, www.qbooks247.com, to learn more about QuickBooks.