When QuickBooks Desktop won’t open, it’s a common error that many QuickBooks users run into. Fortunately, resolving this issue is not difficult. When you click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your computer screen, it will fail to start or freeze. There are several issues that contribute to this failure and prevent the QuickBooks from being opened. In certain cases, simply rebooting your computer will fix the problem. If it doesn’t, you can use any of the tried-and-true preventive maintenance methods.
In this post, we’ll go through a few successful methods for resolving the QuickBooks desktop won’t open error. As a result, you should read this article carefully until the end in order to solve the problem. Furthermore, if you are short of time or feel that resolving this issue is beyond your power, we recommend that you contact our QuickBooks experts. You can reach out to our accounting professionals via our toll-free phone number and tell them about your problem, and they will help you fix it.
Our QuickBooks error support team’s experts and specialists will ensure that you receive immediate assistance.
Let’s take a look at what a QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error is.
When this QuickBooks error happens, a popup message appears on your computer that QuickBooks won’t open or quit going. However, in the event that QuickBooks Desktop may not appear error, you can not always see this alert; your computer may slow down or stop responding when opening a company file even if you do not receive a warning message. This is a company file mistake, and you can receive machine error reports for Error 1603, QuickBooks Error 1935, or QuickBooks Error 1402.
Let’s look at some of the possible causes and solutions for the QuickBooks won’t open mistake.
The following are some of the causes of the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error.
The QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error can be caused by a variety of factors. Moreover, following are some of the most popular explanations:
- In the event that the company name is longer than what is expected.
- The file QBWUSER.INI is either missing or corrupt.
- The error may also be caused by a corrupted hard disk.
- QuickBooks was not properly implemented, and it was either insufficient or fraudulent.
- The performance of your Microsoft Windows operating system is degraded.
The following are some of the signs of the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error.
- QuickBooks Desktop freezes whenever you use it
- The QuickBooks version you’re using is outdated.
- Your machine often lags and freezes, recording and responding slowly to mouse and keyboard commands.
- The QuickBooks company file will not open on your computer.
Some of the most successful solutions for the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error are mentioned below.
To resolve this problem, use the steps below from your QuickBooks desktop:
Step 1: Restart your machine.
Remember to switch off and on your device before attempting some other solution, as mentioned previously. Several times, merely restarting the machine has solved what seemed to be a serious problem.
Step 2: Start the QuickBooks installation diagnostic tool.
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will detect and fix a variety of QuickBooks errors, along with the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error.
If your program isn’t already compatible with this tool, you can download it for free from Intuit’s website.
Step 3: Delete or rename the QBWUSE .INI file.
- This action will allow you to remove all data from previously opened files.
- At the same time, press the Windows and E buttons.
- After that, Select Folder, then Options from the Organize tab.
- Select the Display tab.
- Following that, Select Hidden Files and Folders, View Hidden Files and Folders, and OK in Advanced settings.
- Then go to My Computer and choose Drive C, then Documents.
- Following that, Go to local settings, then Intuit to QuickBooks (year), and finally Application Info after tapping your user name.
- After that, delete or rename the file QBWUSER. QuickBooks can create a new QBWUSER from an INI file. The INI file on its own.
Step 4: Complete the QuickBooks desktop clean install.
If the above steps do not resolve the problem, you can uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks. It will upgrade your software to perform a clean QuickBooks desktop installation process, and the new version will be installed. This is a more effective and safe method of restoring QuickBooks and other file errors.
Step 5: To open the file, create a new folder in a different directory.
Use this transfer if your file folder is corrupted or corrupted. Follow the steps outlined below:
- After that, At the same time, hold down the Windows and E keys.
- Look for the data file that has the extension. qbw is a qbw file.
- Affirm the network drive where the file is stored when searching for a network server.
- Upon spotting the file (ctrl+c), pick it and copy it.
- Make a new folder on the C drive.
- Make a new name for the folder, such as QBTEST. Copy the file and paste it into the newly created folder.
- In C Drive, go to Open or Restore Current Business and check for QBTEST. Then open the company file in the QBTES folder.
Phase 6: Run Quick Fix my Software from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- First and foremost, shut down QuickBooks.
- Following that, the user must access the QuickBooks tool hub file.Also,
- save the file in a folder where it will be easily accessible. (For example, a download folder or a Windows desktop)
- After that, the user must open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file that was previously downloaded.
- Even, to install and approve the terms and conditions, adopt the instructions displayed on the screen.
- When the installation is complete, double-click the Windows Desktop icon to open the Tool Hub.
- With the Quick fix, all open background processes used byQuickBooks will be closed immediately. The program can also be fixed quickly.
- For this, the user must select the program issues in the QuickBooks tools hub.
- Select Quick repair my software as well.
- Ultimately, open the file containing the data in QuickBooks desktop.
The troubleshooting steps mentioned above will allow you to fix the QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error. If the problem persists after applying the solution provided in this article, You can call our QuickBooks support Phone number to have our experts solve the issue on your behalf. You can also contact us by writing to email@example.com. More details are available at www.qbooks247.com. Keep in contact with our current executives, who are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist you.