QuickBooks plays an important role in any enterprise or organisation. We have various benefits of using QuickBooks but sometimes, we also face ample of error & problems. Today we will discuss what to do if you ever see QuickBooks Error -6123,0 in QuickBooks Desktop and how users can resolve it with the help of QuickBooks Support Helpline.
Don’t get panic, if you see this QuickBooks error -6123,0. We are here with the solution that how to fix this by closing some programs or modifying your company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
In order to begin, you can choose the section below that fits your situation.
Solution 1: What to do, if you ever see Error -6123,0 while opening, upgrading, or restoring your company file.
If users are opening their file from windows explorer they can get any kind of error, we will suggest users to make sure to open their file from QuickBooks instead of open from window explorer.
Step 1: Need to download and install the QuickBooks from installed tool hub
If you want to download and install the QuickBooks with the help of tool hub program then it will help to fix common errors, we recommend you to follow below given points:
- Quit QuickBooks.
- It is required to download the most recent version (184.108.40.206) of the QuickBooks tool hub program. After it, save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
- Now open the file that you have downloaded with the help of given link (exe).
- You need to follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you done with the installation, click twice the icon on your Windows desktop machine to open the tool hub program.
Note: In case, if you are not able to find the icon, try to search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program that you want.
Step 2: Need to run Quick Fix my Program.
- Click & select Program Problems from installed tool hub.
- After it, select Quick Fix my Program. It will take about a minute to run. If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed, then it can take longer time.
- Once the installation of QuickFix my Program is done, you can open QuickBooks and verify your issue is fixed.
In case, if you still see Error -6123, 0, please move on to Step 3.
Step 3: You can run File Doctor program.
Anyhow, if QuickFix my Program didn’t work, then we can use File Doctor to repair your company file. It will automatically scan and fix common QuickBooks Desktop data issues.
- Click & select Company File Issues from QuickBooks Tools Hub program.
- After it, you can select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- User are required to open QuickBooks File Doctor, then choose your company file from the ▼ drop-down. In case, if you are not able to see it, select Browse to search your computer machine for the file. The file will look like this: [your company name].qbw.
- Click & select Check your file, then continue.
- You can enter your QuickBooks admin password, then select Continue. File Doctor will start repairing your file. This may take a while.
- Once your repair is finished, you can select your company from the list, then select Open QuickBooks.
In case, if you can open your file without any issues, everything is fixed. You have to be sure to make a backup of your company file once you’re able to open it.
If you repaired your file with File Doctor but still see Error -6123,0, don’t worry. Your data should be safe. Reach out to our data services team for additional fixes.
Solution 2: What to do, if you ever see QuickBooks Error -6123,0 while restoring your company file (.qbw)
If you want to restore your company file then we will suggest you to restore it directly from the hard drive
Please follow the below steps, f you’re restoring your company file from a backup (.qbb):
- In case, if your company file resides on the network or external storage device, then you need to move the backup file to your local hard drive. Keep in mind, Do not open them from an online storage folder or a removable drive.
- You can follow the steps to restore your company file from a backup.
Solution 3: What to do, if you ever see Error -6123, 0 while restoring a backup (.qbb) on a new computer machine.
If you want to restore a backup on a new computer then you need to reate a portable company file (.qbm). Then please follow the below steps.
- Click & open QuickBooks Desktop machine on the same computer that you have used to create the backup company file.
- After it, you can open your original company file as usual (not the backup).
- You can also create a portable copy(.qbm) of your company file.
- Then open QuickBooks Desktop on the new computer machine.
- At last, you can restore your company file using the portable copy(.qbm) with the help of QuickBooks Desktop Support.
Hopefully, the above given information will help you to get rid over the issues. We believe in providing our consumers the latest data and service. If still you come across with any issue, then you can also email us at (email@example.com) by writing to us. For more info, you can also visit @ www.qbooks247.com.