When the customer is attempting to access the company file, the QuickBooks Error 6073 happens. The QuickBooks Error code 6073 arrives with the warning that the company file cannot be accessed by the QuickBooks accounting app. Also, the message states that another user may have opened the company file.
The reasons that activates the QuickBooks Error Code 6073
Any one of the factors listed below can lead to the error 6073
- In single-user mode, the business file that you are trying to access is already opened on some other PC.
- The folder where your QB company file is located is just a network folder that is read-only.
- For the hosting of files, a Linux server has been used and more than one set of login credentials is used to login to a shared folder.
- The company file you are attempting to open is opened by a remote programme from someone else and the machine hosting the company file sees that the user is still alive, i.e. logged in.
Solutions to Correct the QuickBooks Error 6073
There are numerous options available to help you try and solve the Error Code 6073–
Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
The QuickBooks File Doctor is a fantastic tool built by Intuit to address file and network problems for your business. It is possible to download the File Doctor tool from the Intuit website. Run the qbfd.exe file after you have downloaded it by clicking twice on it and following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Ways to Manually Fix the QuickBooks Error 6073
If QuickBooks Error Code 6073 has not been fixed by the above solution, work on fixing the error manually. If your company file is in an open state in a single-user mode on any other PC, take the following procedures.
- Close the QuickBooks on all workstations firstly.
- After that open the tab on the machine that is hosting the company file for QuickBooks.
- Then Navigate to the File menu.
- Select Turn to Multi-user from the list that exists.
- Restart all the machines if you are still having the same dilemma.
If your company file is in an open state in single-user mode on the device that serves as the server, take these steps to repair the QuickBooks Error 6073.
- At first tap on File.
- Then Select Close Company from the list that emerges.
- Once more, open the company file.
- Then Navigate once more to the File menu.
- Select Open, or Restore Company, from the list that shows.
- Then, select open a Company file.
- After that tap next.
- Then, select a company file.
- In Multi-user Mode, press Open File.
- After that press open.
If your company file is stored in a folder that is just a read-only network folder, take these steps to address the QuickBooks Error Code 6073.
- Access the desktop that hosts the company file, firstly.
- After that go to the folder where the company file is stored and open it.
- Then Right-click somewhere in the empty space in the folder on your cursor, after that picks Properties.
- Switch to the Protection tab in the Properties window.
- Then, pick a person who is having authentication issues, then choose Edit.
- Put a checkmark against allow for Full Control.
- Then tap on Apply.
- After that press OK.
If the computer is accessed via remote software, follow these steps to correct QuickBooks Error Code 6073.
- Concurrently, click the Ctrl, Alt and Delete buttons.
- From the list that appears, pick the Task Manager.
- Then Switch to the Processes tab on the Task Manager panel.
- Check for any systems that run under the user-facing problem label.
- If you see any running processes under that user in a scenario, restart your machine.
Under the guidance of an expert or technician, we recommend that you submit the above-mentioned solution. Since error 6073 of QuickBooks can be difficult for any user to overcome. If you want some help with QuickBooks error 6073, you can contact us at our QuickBooks Technical Support Number to get the help from our experts. At firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also write to us. Visit – www.qbooks247.com for more information.