Learn how to import your lists (vendors, customers, inventory, and chart of accounts) to QuickBooks Online.
You are eligible for moving your existing lists to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop or another QuickBooks Online company. This saves you from having to set up the items from your lists one by one.
Need to import bank transactions too?
Connect your account to QuickBooks to download transactions automatically.
Step 1: Exporting your list reports to Excel
From another QuickBooks Online company
- Sign in to the account that has your lists.
- Select Reports.
- Depending on what list you need to export, search for and run Account List, Customer Contact List, Vendor Contact List, or Product/Service List
- Customize the list report’s columns. Select each report below to check how their columns should be ordered.
Account List Report
- Account Account #
- Detail Type
Customer Contact List Report
- Company name
- Billing Street
- Billing City
- Billing State
- Billing Zip
- Billing Country
Vendor Contact List Report
- Company Name
Products and Services List Report
- Qty on hand
- After you have saved your report, the next step involves exporting it.
- Open the exported report in Excel.
- Delete rows 1-4 to remove your company name and report title from the sheet.
- Save your report again as Excel or CSV.
From a QuickBooks Desktop company
- Sign in to the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Select Reports, then Lists.
- Depending on what list you need to export, run Account Listing, Item Listing, Customer Contact List, or Vendor Contact List
- Export the report to Excel.
Step 2: Import your lists to QuickBooks Online
After you have exported and saved your reports, you are then allowed to import them to QuickBooks Online.
For detailed steps on importing each list, see these articles:
- Chart of Accounts
- Products and Services
Important: To see how your Excel files should look, download and open these samples:
- Account List
- Customer Contact List
- Products and Services List
- Vendor Contact List
Get help with common errors when importing lists
Errors on items that are already in your company
Errors for non-existent accounts
To know how to move your lists to QuickBooks Online then call QuickBooks Tech Support USA on their toll-free number. Also, you can write to us at email@example.com Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24/7 available at your service. You can also visit @ www.qbooks247.com