In this article, you will learn how to adjust reconciliation in QuickBooks. To know more call QuickBooks Technical Support.
Create a check transaction, if the difference after reconciling is a negative number and is also without a check number. If so, your bank account and your Opening Balance Equity account will be reduced by that amount.
You’ll create a deposit transaction if the difference after reconciling is a positive number this will increase your bank account and your Opening Balance Equity account by the same amount.
Only your Balance Sheet will be affected by these adjustments and not your Profit & Loss.
Call QuickBooks Technical support, for more information on what to do if your reconciliation is wrong.
How to enter an adjusting entry?
- Select Accounting from the left menu and then click on Reconcile.
- Choose to reconcile your account.
- From the drop-down menu choose Finish now.
- Choose the Adjustment date.
- Click on Add adjustment and then select finish.
- Click on Done.
Follow the steps given to find previous reconciliation adjustments
- You have the option to create an adjusting entry while running reconciliation without a balance.
- As soon as the adjustment is accepted and created, reconcile adjustment is displayed in the memo field.
- You can either use the Search function or run a report in order to view, edit or delete an adjustment in the future.
- By using the Search function you can locate all kinds of reconciliation adjustments.
- On the Toolbar, click on the Search icon.
- Click on the Advanced Search.
- Select All Transactions in the transaction type field.
- Specify to search by Memo in the first criteria field.
- Choose the Contains option in the second criteria field.
- In the Reference field, enter reconcile.
- Click on Search.
- With the help of the search function, you can search for any transaction with a Memo field containing the word Reconcile.
How to run a transaction list by date report?
To display reconciliation adjustments within a date range you can customize the transaction list by date report.
- Select Reports from the left menu.
- Choose Transaction List by Date in the For my accountant section.
- Select the appropriate time frame or set custom dates in the report period fields.
- Click on Customize.
- Click on the Filter option.
- Click on the Memo checkbox and then feed the Reconcile Adjustment in the field.
- Choose Run report.
All transactions with Reconcile Adjustment which are in the Memo field and have a specified date range are listed in the report.
After reading this article you can now find previously reconciled adjustments.
To know more on how to adjust reconciliation in QuickBooks call QuickBooks technical support on their toll-free number 1-800-290-0629. Also, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24/7 available at your service.
For more information visit, www.qbooks247.com