In this article you will learn how to create a backup of QuickBooks Desktop company file. To know more call us QuickBooks point of sale support.
To protect your QuickBooks Company file against accidental data loss you can save backup copies. Backup copies serve as insurance for your company files- in case you lose data because of any reason, your backup copy can help you in restoring a company backup file.
Perform these steps to back up your company file:
• To switch to single user mode, click on file and then select Switch to Single-user Mode).
• Select Backup Company from the QuickBooks file menu and then Create Local Backup.
• Select Local Backup on create backup window and then click on the Options button.
• Click Browse and select the location for the backup copy on the backup option window that appears.
PLEASE NOTE: In case of a system failure, it will be good if you have backup saved somewhere other than your main local drive. You may want to select it here, if you have a file hosting service (such as DropBox), flash drive or other removable media.
• Click on OK after you choose.
• Look for other options on the page and choose the option of your choice. Every option is explained below in detail. Click on OK as soon as you are done.
• To distinguish between backup files easily check the add the date and time of the backup to the file name.( this step is recommended)
• To save hard drive space, you should check the box Limit for the number of backup copies to this folder. Enter a number in the box if you want to restrict the number of backups created for a single company.
• Click on the box to put a check mark on the box stating Remind me to backup when I close my company file every _ times. You can set the frequency if you want to receive a regular backup reminder.
• While you are saving, select options to verify data. You can complete the backup process faster by skipping the verification but it is recommend leaving it enabled so that you will be notified if any damage occurs in your file. Your options are:
1. Complete verification (recommended)
2. Quicker verification
3. No verification
• Click Next, in the Create backup window.
• Now, choose if you want to save a backup now or schedule future backups. To know how to schedule future backup of QuickBooks company file call QuickBooks point of sale Support.
To know more on QuickBooks Company file and QuickBooks company file backups call QuickBooks Point of Sale Support on 1-800-290-0629.