When you are trying to open a company file you might get a warning dialogue box that gives the below-mentioned error:
Error: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Error codes: (-6000, -77).
Now let us see what all can we do to fix this error and continue using the company file without interruption.
Few very quick and easy resolutions can be:
- Restart your computer/machine.
- Running QuickBooks desktop in elevated mode by selecting Run as Administrator upon right-clicking the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Making sure that the company file is saved locally on the computer.
If the above solutions don’t seem to help you much then we have some more steps that can be performed to resolve this issue.
- You may run the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix your company file.
Note: If you need assistance with downloading and running the file doctor then we recommend you to contact QuickBooks technical executive.
- It can be a possibility that your security software or firewall interrupts internet usage for some of the QuickBooks files. You will have to either update the security software on your system or will have to manually set up the correct configurations of your firewall software.
- Recreating the damaged folder all over again.
- Open C: drive and right click in it to create a new folder.
- Now go to the folder and launch where the company file is saved
- Look for the file with extension .qbw
- Right click on this file to copy it.
- Paste this file to the new folder we created in C: Drive.
- Further, you might need to grant Window access permission to share company files.
- Finally, re-launch QuickBooks Desktop and now use the company file from a new location.
- If.NG and.TLG files are corrupted then QuickBooks Desktop might face errors while launching as they are the configuration files which allow QuickBooks Desktop to access company file in a network. So we shall perform a few steps on them to make sure that our configuration files are working properly so we will rename them.
Renaming them will not cause any data loss as they are recreated in reflex when you open the company file. Let us see how this can be done.
- Open the folder with your company file.
- There you will find files which have the same name as your company file but with a different extension, NG and.TLG.
- Select these files and right click to rename them. You can rename them in a way so that it is easy for you to differentiate them. For eg: add word .old or .former and hit enter.
- A UNC path is the one that is used to access resources over the network so using the network path or UNC path to open company drive instead of the mapped drive.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop in elevated mode by launching it as Run as Administrator. Along with this press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard to prevent it from automatically opening a company file. Hold the key until you have a No Company window open.
- Go to File -> Open or Restore Company
- Then Open a company file -> Next
- Now navigate to the company file location in left Network pane.
- Click on company File -> Open
If you face any issue further or have any question kindly contact QuickBooks technical representative for further assistance.
To Know more about QuickBooks Error Code 6000 – 77 Call QuickBooks error Support on their toll-free number 1-800-731-1629 Also, you can write to us at email@example.com. Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24*7 available at your service. For more information visit, www.qbooks247.com.