QuickBooks, despite being the most popular accounting software, is not without flaws, and one of these flaws is discussed in this article. When the most recent security patches are downloaded or enabled, QuickBooks Mistake 15221 occurs. The most common cause of Error Code 15221 is incorrect Internet Explorer configuration.
It usually occurs when QuickBooks attempts to verify the digital signature of all files accessed by the application. In this post, we’ve discussed the reasons for it as well as possible solutions. However, if you need additional details then
By calling our QuickBooks Phone Number, you can reach our QuickBooks support team.
The Most Common Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15221
- The digital signature recording feature in Internet Explorer is no longer functional.
- Internet Explorer is not up to date at the moment.
- Using a Firewall or Antivirus software to prevent new file updates from being installed.
One thing to do before proceeding with the troubleshooting measures is to:
- Create a backup system for your company’s files.
- Make sure the company file is backed up, because if something goes wrong between the systems, you’ll be right back where you started.
- Open the QuickBooks Go to Disk window, select Backup Business, and then Create Local Backup.
Note: Since the method of fixing this error code is difficult, you can consult our experts for assistance.
Some of the Basic Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15221
Step1: update your QuickBooks desktop program.
- To begin, open the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Under Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop, go over to the Support menu.
- Select the Download option.
- Select the Get Notifications option.
- It will take some time to update QuickBooks Desktop. After that, press Next.
Step 2: Add the Intuit URL as a Trustworthy Website.
- Click the Windows+R keys to launch the Run button.
- Click Explore and press OK to launch Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options from the top right-hand gear icon.
- Select Protection from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Trustworthy Sites icon and then the Sites button. (An example is shown below.)
- To link this website to the zone area, type https:/www.intuit.com/ (if the US version is used) or https:/www.intuit.ca/ (if the Canadian version is used).
- Select Add.
- For all positions in this area, make sure to check Need Server Authentication (https).
- Click OK after pressing Close.
Step 3: affix a digital signature certificate
- QuickBooks should be closed.
- Go to C:Program Files(x86) and then to Intuit\QuickBooks and find QBW32.exe.
- Right-click QBW32.exe and select Properties from the context menu.
- Try and ensure Intuit Inc. is selected from the list by pressing the Digital Signature button.
- For more information,
- In the Digital Signature Information window, press the View Credential button.
- In the Certificate browser, click the Install Certificate button.
- Until the completion is shown, click Next.
- Then select Whole.
- Restart the computer and open QuickBooks once more.
- After that, reinstall the update.
Step 4: Disable the Temporary Firewall and Network Security
This problem will occur if the firewall or other security software prevents the latest updates from being installed. It’s a safe idea to turn them off for a short period of time.
- Choose Settings by right-clicking the Start button.
- Pick Update & Security from the drop-down menu.
- On the left-hand pane, select the Windows Security tab and click Open Windows Security.
- Under the Windows Security pane, choose Firewall and Network Safety.
- Switch off the Microsoft Defender Firewall for all network types by pressing Domain, Local, and Public Network one after the other.
Step 5: Uninstalling and reinstalling of the QuickBooks
Until uninstalling QuickBooks, make sure you have the license and package number handy. You can access product information by logging into your Intuit Account.
If the above measures do not work, you will have to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop to permanently resolve the problem.We recommend that you contact your IT guy because it may be a Windows system problem
To uninstall QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Concurrently click the Windows+R keys to perform a Run command.
- Join appwiz.cpl, then click OK.
- Uninstall QuickBooks from the Programs and Features menu.
- If prompted, select Yes; otherwise, select Next. Remove it.
- It can take some time to uninstall QuickBooks from your computer.
- Once the QuickBooks update wizard has indeed been effectively uninstalled, click Finish.
After taking one of the above steps, you should no longer have problems with QuickBooks error code 15221; however, if you do, please contact our experts. Call our QuickBooks Phone Number to speak with one of our experts. Sending an email to (email@example.com) will get you the help you need from our experts. You can also go to www.qbooks247.com for more QuickBooks-related information.