There are a variety of reasons why you might wish to clone your disc drive with QuickBooks installed on it. Most QuickBooks users clone their hard drives to switch to a different machine with greater performance, but this, like other QuickBooks activities, might result in mistakes. In this article, we’ll go over one of the most common post-cloning difficulties that QuickBooks encounters, often known as “QuickBooks License Error after Clone.” Follow the entire text until the end for complete and extensive troubleshooting instructions.
What causes QuickBooks License issues after cloning?
License numbers and product codes are necessary to authorize QuickBooks installations; the license file includes encrypted product login credentials. A faulty or damaged license file (Qbregistration.dat) is one of the most common causes of QuickBooks license errors. Other causes include:
● QuickBooks software that is no longer supported. (Now is the time to update QuickBooks)
● Window OS is no longer supported.
● Prior to importing QuickBooks, make a backup of your QBO files.
● QuickBooks installation on another PC is being disrupted by third-party security tools.
● MSXML file for Windows has been corrupted.
● Other Errors that may occur after Hard-Drive Cloning
Issues in the QuickBooks registration file can cause more than just license errors; they can also have a negative impact on QuickBooks’ performance and operations. Another error you might see as a result of faulty QuickBooks registration files is given below.
- ● Error Code 3371: License properties could not be initialized.
● Registration issues with QuickBooks.
● QuickBooks has issues with internet banking.
● There is no opportunity to open the company file.
● Online Sync of Licensed Data is turned off.
Important Considerations before Resolving a QB License Error Following Cloning
● Make sure you have a valid product registration key before contacting Support.Before moving QuickBooks from one computer to another, it’s always a good idea to make a backup of your company file. If you’re having trouble opening the corporate file after cloning, try running QuickBooks File Doctor. On both of your PCs, always use the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop. Simple methods to resolve the QuickBooks License Error after cloning error. Here are several answers to your QuickBooks license error after cloning problem.
1st Solution : EntitlementDataStore is a QuickBooks Entitlement record that can be deleted.
All mandatory product registration information is stored in the ECML file, which is located in the Entitlement Data folder. In encrypted form, the license information and product key. If the file is damaged, QuickBooks will be unable to read it and will generate errors when you try to register it on a new device. By deleting the Entitlement entry, QuickBooks is forced to create a new registration file, which fixes the problem.
● Open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del buttons together on your keyboard.
● Right-click the qbw32.exe process in the Processes tab and select End Task.
● On the confirmation window, select yes.
● Write C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 in the Windows + R box (or v6)
● Select OK and navigate to the ECML file.
● Choose Delete from the context menu when you right-click the folder.
● Accept the confirmation and close the folder.
● To re-register the product, open QuickBooks and check out.
If the problem persists and you’re still getting a QuickBooks licensing error after cloning, proceed to the next step in the troubleshooting process.
Solution 2: Install the most recent updates for Windows OS.
Damaged Microsoft MSXML component and obsolete OS both contribute to the occurrence of license issues in QuickBooks, as we’ve already explained in the causes. Updating Windows with the most recent updates ensures that you have the most up-to-date and bug-free features in your operating system, as well as removing general corruption from supporting components such as the.NET Framework and MSXML. To get the most recent Windows updates, follow the steps outlined below.
● On your desktop, press the Windows button and type Windows Update.
● Click on Check for Updates after selecting System Update from the list of apps.
● If there are any updates available, click Install Updates.
● After Windows downloads all of the updates, restart your computer since the update will be installed on the boot screen.
● Try running and registering QuickBooks again when Windows has finished installing all of the updates.
Solution 3: Turn off your antivirus software for a while.
Because each antivirus has a unique user interface, it’s hard to provide a single step-by-step procedure for temporarily disabling your antivirus protection. However, there is one way that is commonly used in various security applications, which is listed below.
● Click the small arrow on the taskbar of your desktop, which is located in the bottom right corner of your screen.
● Disable protection by right-clicking the antivirus symbol and selecting Disable Protection.
● Choose a time frame for registering QuickBooks, such as half an hour.
● If you click an analogous icon in the taskbar, then choose Enable protection after the product has registered, your antivirus protection will automatically continue after a half-hour. If not, you can click an identical icon in the taskbar and choose Enable protection.
To fix the QuickBooks License Error after Clone, follow the instructions below in the order they are listed. If you are still unable to register for QuickBooks for a variety of reasons, you can contact one of our professionals by dialing our QuickBooks support number , and they will aid you in rectifying the mistake and providing you with a permanent solution in the shortest time possible. Please contact us at email@example.com. You can also go to our website, www.qbooks247.com, for more details on QuickBooks.