You may encounter error -6073,-99001 many times while opening QuickBooks Company file. You can refer this article to know probable causes and solutions for QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001. Sometimes QuickBooks is unable to open company file as it has been opened by some other user.
Causes for Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
- QuickBooks company file is open on another pc in single user mode.
- A read-only network folder is holding the file.
- The files are facilitated on a Linux server and more than one set of login credentials are used to sign on to the shared folder.
- A remote software such as (LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.) is being used to access QuickBooks company file and the host pc identifies that user is still logged on.
Solution1: QuickBooks file doctor tool can be used to resolve the issue. You need to download QuickBooks file doctor and run the tool. To get assistance with this tool, contact QuickBooks support team.
Solution 2: resolving Quickbooks error -6073, -99001 manually
If QuickBooks company file is opened on another computer in single user mode
- Firstly, the user needs to Close QuickBooks Desktop running on all PC’s.
- Now use the host computer to open the company file.
- From the file, menu selects Switch to Multi-user mode.
- Reboot all workstations if the error still persists.
If QuickBooks company file is opened on a Host computer in single user mode
- From the file, menu chooses Close Company.
- Open QuickBooks company file again and from the file menu select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open a company file, and click on Next.
- Choose a company file to be opened.
- Click on Open file in multi-user mode, and click on Open.
If a read-only network folder is holding the company file
- Go to the pc on which your company file is hosted.
- Go to the folder where your company file is stored.
- Right-click on the folder, then click on Properties.
- In the properties, window Go to Security tab.
- Select the user having login issues, and click on Edit.
- Give Full control by clicking on allow.
- Choose Apply, and click on OK.
If the computer is being accessed remotely
- Open Task Manager from the taskbar.
- from the task manager window go to the Processes tab. Check for processes running under the name of the user that is having issues.
- Restart your computer if you find processes running under the name of that user.
For more help, contact QuickBooks error support @ 1-877-390-1412.