Here we can discuss what all system requirements can be taken to run TLS 1.2 security protocol on your desktop machine for QuickBooks Software 2018 with the help of QuickBooks Support Number.
If users want to get the best experience in QuickBooks, they need to make sure that they are using TLS 1.2. you are at the right place; we will let you know about it and how it affects system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop.
What do you mean by TLS 1.2?
The internet security protocol that quickly becoming an industry security standard is known as TLS 1.2. In order to provide greater security and stability, all connections used by QuickBooks Desktop to access Intuit services need to meet certain system requirements. If not met, affected services may include the following:
- All connected services such as payroll, payments, and online banking.
- QuickBooks Desktop activation on a new computer machine.
- Password reset tool
- Services that require Intuit account credentials like My apps, secure webmail, and contributed reports.
- Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
- Help pages
- Ordering checks and supplies
- VAT e-filing
This tool updates your system to become TLS 1.2 compliant as long as it meets all Windows Operating System, Internet Explorer and .Net requirements.
System requirements :
As a user, you always need to take care of your system and to prevent any issues with these services and others, you should make sure to update your QuickBooks to meet these requirements:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2017
Important: We are here with what you need to know if you are still in Windows 7.
You will find that QuickBooks Desktop uses features of Internet Explorer. You need to make sure that you install Internet Explorer 11 to have the latest updates from Microsoft.
- Click & close QuickBooks Desktop machine.
- You can Update to IE 11.
- Now, you need to Reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
If you are looking to update .Net framework then QuickBooks need s version 4.5.2 or greater of .NET framework. We are here with some steps which helps you to get it up-to-date.
- Users need to download .NET Framework from Microsoft’s website.
- You can save the file to your computer machine.
- Double-click the file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your Desktop machine after the installation.
Note: In case, if you facing any errors while installing .NET framework, you may contact an IT professional or Microsoft.
Internet Explorer Group Policy
In case, if you ever see an error message, we will request you to get in touch with our QuickBooks Customer Support Team for any help.
If the Internet Explorer Group Policy shows that you have the correct IE but TLS 1.2 still needs further set up, follow this Microsoft article.
Still, if you are getting an error, you may need to run QuickBooks with elevated privileges, which establishes correct Internet security settings.
- Click & close QuickBooks.
- You can click on the right of the QuickBooks icon.
- Now, you can select Run as Administrator.
Solution 1: Need to run the TLS 1.2 Readiness tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
If you want to update your operating system to be like TLS 1.2, then you need to run this tool in your machine.
Step 1: Users can download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
You will find that the QuickBooks Tool Hub helps to fix common errors. You’ll need to close QuickBooks to use the tool hub. For the best experience, we recommend you use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Click & close QuickBooks.
- You can download the most recent version (220.127.116.11) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
- Open the file you downloaded with the help of given link. (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- You can follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the install finishes, then double-click the icon on your Windows desktop machine.
Note: In case, if you are not able to find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: Users can run the TLS 1.2 tool
- Select Installation Issues that you will get in QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click & select QuickBooks TLS 1.2 Tool from the bottom right corner.
- Click & select OK to open the TLS Tool and then Yes to the EULA Agreement.
- Click & select Run.
- When the tool completes, click & select Exit.
In case, if you are getting any kind of error, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Customer Support team for your help.