Here we will discuss today how to void or refund payments on QuickBooks point of sale. If you are using QuickBooks to void or refund payments, then you can take and process customer credit card payments in QuickBooks Point of Sale. You will find that sometimes, it will be required to void or refund payments. No need to worry! You are at the right place to know how to void or refund a payment transaction in QuickBooks Point of Sale, or give customers credits with the help of QuickBooks point of sale Expert.
When you can void or refund a transaction.
- All payment transactions batch starts at 12:00 AM local time every business day. You can void the transaction, if the payment transaction has not batched.
- In case, if the payment transaction has already batched, then you need to refund your customer. User can also refund the whole amount or refund specific products, services or fees.
You can void a payment transaction
- First, click & select the Sales History icon from home screen
- Next, you can select the sales receipt that you want to void the payment for.
- After that, Select Reverse.
- In case, if payment can still be voided, then you will get a confirmation message that it was successful. Also, you will receive a new return receipt that offsets the original sales receipt from sales history, so that your books stay up to date.
User can refund a customer payment.
User can also refund their customer through a credit card; they can also give cash back, or give the customer credit towards a future purchase.
User can also refund credit cards and cash payments.
They can refund specific items or the entire amount from a past purchase.
- First, user need to select Point of Sale, and then select New Return Receipt.
- Next, they can browse customer name or the receipt number. Then select the correct sales receipt.
- After that, they can add the returned item(s) to the refund receipt. Please type the quantity for each line item and then select the Return
- Choose Add selected items.
- They can also select Credit or Cashfor the payment method from Sales Receipt payment screen
- In case, if user selects Credit, they can swipe the customer’s card or select Manualto type the credit card information. Then click & select Authorize Now.
- Now, click & select Save & Printto print a new receipt.
- You can also ask the customer to sign the merchant copy.
You can give credit to your customers.
You will notice that there may be times when you prefer to give your customers credit, rather than a refund.
- First, click & select the Make a Salescreen from point of sale.
- Next, you can type the customer’s name and open their account. Or if you are proceeding as a new customer, then select Add Customerto create a new account for them.
- After that, you need to select the Account
- Now, type the refund amount as a negative number.
- Click & Select Save. In case, if a new customer doesn’t have a charge account yet, then you must type a Credit Limit for them and select Use Charge Account for This Customer.
If you are using QuickBooks Desktop to handle your account, then you will find that QuickBooks automatically creates a credit memo to balance your accounts.
We hope that the above given information will be useful to know today how to void or refund payments on QuickBooks point of sale with the help of our QuickBooks Point of Sale Support. In case, you need more assistance then they are free to reach us by clicking on our website: www.qbooks247.com or you can also mail us at email@example.com.