If you are using QuickBooks then you must be knowing that from time to time there are certain hardware or software errors pop up to cause problems using it. For this reason, you are facilitated with the Intuit QuickBooks Support Number to get your queries fixed instantly. You can dial 1(877) 227 2303 for prompt error resolution. One of the common errors faced by users is the error in 6006.
If you are having the QuickBooks Error Code 6006, during the installation of the GUARD1 PLUS, a dialog box will open on your screen displaying the message:
Setup has experienced an error.
– Close any running programs
– Empty your temporary folder
– Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)
Then try to run the Setup again.
Error code: -6006”
Let us understand why this error is happening. It might be happening because you didn’t restart the computer post the installation of an application. A separate program is executing a setup application. The CD via which you are trying to install the application might be damaged or corrupted. Several internal problems might be occurring with CD or DVD drive. The hard drive might be having the space crunch. Your RAM, processor configurations might not be compatible or fast. Issues regarding installation in windows.
Here are the steps through which we can resolve this error 6006
- Reboot your system and sign in to your workstation as the “Administrator”.
- Attempt to re-install the QuickBooks accounting software.
- If you still encounter the error, then you should look for the signs of damages on the “GAURD1PLUS CD”.
- Verify the condition and functionality of the CD or the DVD drive.
- Clear up your hard drive and create free space of up to 1.5 GB
- Exit all the programs which are being executed in the background.
- Shut off the System Tray for boosting up your Ram and processor speed.
- Go to location “C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield ” and create alterations in the name of the file as “InstallShieldOLD”.
- Remove all the junk in the temp folder.
- Now again attempt to re-install the QuickBooks accounting software
- Make sure that your system and the QuickBooks software are up to date by looking for any Windows updates as well as QuickBooks upgrade patches.
if you encounter any Query while executing the above steps, you can simply dial the Intuit QuickBooks Technical Support Number, 1(877) 227 2303 and get an effective response to the error 6006 and many more.