What exactly is folder sharing?
It is referred to as the process wherein users are granted permission on a particular network to access the shared folder depending on the given level of accessibility they get to either read or write the files.
This folder sharing can either be done on an existing folder or a new folder can be created and shared.
Know how to share a folder which already exists:
- Browse in the shared drive.
- Choose the folder which is to be shared.
- Right-click the folder and scroll down to Properties.
- This will open a window with multiple tabs. Go to Sharing tab and click on Share this folder.
- Further, navigate to Security tab and click on Permissions. This will set up a level of permission for each user who is accessing this folder.
- Click on Apply and then OK and the window will close.
Now let us see how we create a new folder to share. This will be done in Create a shared folder wizard.
- Launch Run box from Start or you may even press the Windows and R key together on the keyboard.
- In the space adjacent to Open please type in exe and hit enter.
- Here, proceed with the instructions as the wizard shows to share your folder.
We have seen how we share a folder and what if you do not want to share.
- Navigate to the folder of which sharing needs to be stopped.
- Right click on the folder then clicks on Give access to.
- Further, choose to Remove access.
- Select folder
- On that window, you will find Share option in the toolbar.
- This will open a Share with section and here choose to Remove access.
- In the end close File Explorer after performing all the above steps.
If you face any issue kindly contact QuickBooks technical representative for further assistance.
To Know more about QuickBooks initiate folder sharing, Call QuickBooks Technical Phone Number on their toll-free number 1-800-290-0629. Also, you can write to us at email@example.com. Feel free to reach us anytime; our team of executives is 24*7 available at your service.