This article will help you know how you can use internal QuickBooks desktop file doctor to diagnose and resolve issues in your company file. QuickBooks file doctor is an integrated tool provided with QuickBooks 2016 and later versions. If you are facing trouble with your QuickBooks files, QuickBooks support team is here to let you know the hidden benefits of the software tools. If you suspect data damage or if you receive any -6000 series error which prevents you from opening the file, then the file doctor tool can really help you.
If you face any trouble opening or installing QuickBooks, or if you receive any error, don’t hesitate to reach QuickBooks support team. You can reach our experts by calling at 1-877-390-1412.
Points to be taken care of:
- The user must log in as Administrator.
- The user must have a good internet connection since the file needs to be uploaded.
- The company file size should not exceed 2GB.
- Make sure that only one and the latest version is installed on your computer. Diagnosis may get interrupted if you are having multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on your computer.
- The user must have the latest version of QuickBooks since Network fixes only work on the latest version of QuickBooks and not on the Database Manager-only version.
Using built-in or internal QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor
Note: The internal QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor is automatically launched by some errors. Click on the Start button to run the tool.
- Go to your QuickBooks; make sure you do not open your company file.
- From the File menu, select Utilities > Repair File and Network Problems.
Note: a window will appear asking for permission to gather anonymous diagnostic information if you want you can track diagnostic information, click yes and then select Continue.
- Locate your company file by simply browsing the file.
- Once you locate your company file, open the company file.
- Choose the appropriate fix for your file from advanced settings drop-down. Click Next.
- The window will ask you to log in to your file, put the QuickBooks Admin username and password. Click Next to start the File Doctor.
- Reopen your file, once the diagnosis is completed.
If the issue remains unresolved reach our QuickBooks Support team on 1-877-390-1412.