The article explains how to Quickbooks clean install can be useful in resolving QuickBooks issues. If a simple reinstall does not work, you can Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using a clean install. The process completely removes all the QuickBooks installation files and folders from the computer. The process is necessary to resolve damage issues in your QuickBooks desktop. If you are not comfortable performing the process, connect to QuickBooks support team @ 1-800-290-0629 to get complete assistance.
Note before you uninstall QuickBooks desktop
- Ensure to have QuickBooks installation CD and the license number available with you while performing the clean install.
- To avoid data loss issues, create a backup of your company file.
Reach QuickBooks support to get assistance with backing up company files.
How to uninstall QuickBooks desktop?
- Open the Run command by pressing windows+R on your keyboard.
- In the dialogue box that appears Type Control Panel, and clicks OK.
- Choose Programs and Features from the screen that appears.
Note: choose to uninstall a Program if the control panel opens in category view.
- Locate QuickBooks in the list of programs and then select Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Note: If you are unable to uninstall QuickBooks or face any error while uninstalling, you would require consulting an IT professional. Dail 1-800-290-0629.
If you are successful in uninstalling the QuickBooks, proceed to run the clean install tool. Rename the installation folder before using the tool. You can change the name of the folder either manually or by using the clean install tool.
How to use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
- Download the tool and save the .exe file on the desktop.
- Open the file that you saved on the desktop.
- Run the file by accepting the license agreement.
- Choose the appropriate version of QuickBooks Desktop you are using and click on Continue.
- When the following message appears: “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory.” Click on ok.
How to rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders manually?
- Display the hidden files using explorer.
- For the folders listed for your version of Windows, rename all manually.
Use suffix ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ to prevent QuickBooks from recognizing it and creating a new one.
Where can I find the Folder?
Given below are the folder locations.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
Error renaming the folders?
If you encounter an error ‘access denied’ while renaming the folders, follow the steps given.
- Open Task Manager from the Windows taskbar.
- Go to the Processes tab, and select the Image Name column header. This will sort the processes alphabetically by name.
- Choose to End Process by Selecting QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, and Qbw32.exe.
- When the following message appears: “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability…” click on yes.
Once you are successful in the above process, proceed to Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop