This article will guide you with the steps to resolve Error -6000,-82 and Error -6000,-106.if you are looking for direct help and assistance call @ 1-800-290-0629.
You may encounter these errors many times while accessing your company file on the QuickBooks desktop.
Quickbooks Error 6000 -82
Error -6000, -106
Given below are the solutions along with the steps to perform. Follow the steps in the given order to resolve the error.
Note: your QuickBooks must be updated to the latest release and you can install QuickBooks file doctor tool before proceeding with the solutions.
Solution 1: Removing space from company file name and extension.
- Close QuickBooks desktop on all the machines where it is logged in.
- Open to the folder containing your company file.
- Rename the company file by Right-clicking on the company file and selecting Rename option.
- Select the name of the file, and if there is any space between the file extension and the name of the company, remove all the spaces and save the name.
- After removing the spaces, launch QuickBooks and try to create a company file again.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Hosting needs to be turned off.
- Company file access For Single-User:
Note: once you turn-off the hosting, it will disable multi-user access.
- From the File menu select Utilities and then select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Click yes on the prompt window that appears asking for confirmation to “Stop hosting multi-user access”.
- When the “Company file must be closed” message appears on the screen, click on Yes.
- Company file access For Multi-User:
Note: This error usually occurs if the hosting is incorrectly configured on one or more client computers for multi-user access.
- on each computer where the error is displayed:
- Go to the No Company Open window> File >Utilities.
- In the menu option Confirm that Host Multi-User Access is displayed. If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is displayed, it indicates hosting for multi-user access is already on.
- Turn off the hosting by selecting the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option .follow the instructions coming up on the screen.
You can perform this on any client computer,
- Open the company file again. If the issue existed because of hosting, this will resolve the issue.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, proceed to Solution 3.
Solution 3: Switch to local hosting and Remote files mode for multi-user access.
Note: Perform this procedure, if earlier solutions didn’t work.
- Go to QuickBooks and open the Product Information window by pressing the F2 key.
- Check for the hosting settings. Under Local Server Information, Hosting must be set to local files only.
- From the file menu, select Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Try to open the company file on another computer on the network.
- Once the company file is open, open the Product Information window again.
- Check for the hosting settings again which must be set to local files only, under the local server information.
Reminder: the computer that is hosting multi-user access for the company file must be left on in order to provide continuous access to other users. Also, you may close QuickBooks but the user who set up QuickBooks must remain logged in.
If this does not solve the issue, proceed to Solution 4.
Solution 4: Restarting the client computer.
There could be some other applications running in the background which are interfering with QuickBooks company file. Restarting the computer will stop all the activities running and opening the QuickBooks from scratch may result in a positive manner.
Proceed to Solution 5, if the issue is still unresolved.
Solution 5: Standard troubleshooting required.
If the error persists despite performing all the solutions, there could be a possibility of existing damaged company file on your QuickBooks desktop.