This article will guide you about how you can get rid of errors disrupting transfer services. You may encounter errors while sending an accountant’s copy through the Accountant’s Copy File Transfer Service (ACFT). The error you receive could be one of the following:
- Problem sending your file to the Intuit Server
- Warning: “problem sending the changes to the accountant’s copy file transfer server. Please try again later or save a file and send by email”
QuickBooks error support team will guide you with the solutions to resolve these errors.
Reasons for the error:
- QuickBooks desktop requires an update.
- Copying a text containing a long dash from MS word to your notes. A long dash is entered in MS word by using two single dashes between the two hyphenated words.
- Your QuickBooks company file (QBW file) is larger than or equal to 200MB.
- Slow internet connection or firewall interruption can also cause the error to occur.
- Damaged QuickBooks company data file.
There is more than one solution to this problem. QuickBooks support team recommends you to try these solutions to fix the error. Perform the solutions in the given order or if you are not comfortable to perform these solutions you can contact QuickBooks support, for direct assistance @ 1-877-390-1412.
How to fix the errors with file transfer service?
Solution 1: Check your company file name
You would be required to analyze your company file name. There should be no special characters available in the name of the company file.
Also make sure that there are no commas in:
- File Name (QuickBooks Desktop 2016)
- Company Name (QuickBooks Desktop 2014)
Solution 2: upgrade your QuickBooks desktop
Your QuickBooks desktop must be updated to the latest release. This not only fixes your issue but also reduces a change of further errors. The QuickBooks versions supported by Accountant File Transfer Service (ACFT) are QuickBooks Desktop 2014 (R11), 2015 (R9) or 2016 (R5), as well as QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 14 (R11), 15 (R9) or 16 (R5). ACFT doesn’t support QuickBooks versions prior to these.
Important: you may require rebooting your system if upgrading doesn’t allow you to send or receive Accountant Copy files.
Solution 3: optimize QuickBooks company file size
If your company file size exceeds 200MB, you would require reducing the size of your QuickBooks company file. Follow the steps below to reduce company file size:
- While in the QuickBooks Company file (QBW), open the Company Information window by holding the F2 key.
- Note the size of the file from the file information tab.
Note: The size of the file is mentioned in Kilobytes (KB). 1,000 KB = 1 Megabyte (MB)
- You will encounter an error If the file size is greater than 200,000 KB (200 MB).in that case, you can opt for either:
- Reducing file size by Creating or restoring QuickBooks portable company file.
- Not using Accountant File Transfer Service and manually saving and sending the QBX/QBY files.
- If your company file size appears to be less than 200 MB, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: verifying a long dash in your notes
- Make sure to directly enter the text in notes to the client without long dashes.
- You can use a text editor to create the text. Copy and paste the text from Text Editor to avoid errors.
- Send the MS Word document to your client through e-mail along with your changes file (QBY).
- A single dash can be used but do not use a long dash in MS word.
Solution 5: repair damaged company data file
You would need to repair your QuickBooks company file if it is diagnosed as damaged.
- Determine if the problem is with your company file. You can perform a test on a new file.
- Select File > New Company.
- Click on Express Start.
- Create an accountants copy and send it. If it works, return to the file and proceed with step 2.
- Perform troubleshooting to resolve data damage on your company file.
Contact QuickBooks Support to know how to resolve data damage on QuickBooks company file.
- If your issue remains unresolved, you may need to restore a backup of your company file:
- Restore the backup of the affected company file, to a new location different from the one where the file with the error is located.
- Open the file in QuickBooks that you just restored.
- If this fixes the error replace your damaged company file with the restored QuickBooks backup file .you can and enter the transactions that occurred since running the backup after restoring the company file.
If you are in the middle of sending your accountant’s copy, you can contact QuickBooks error support @ 1-877-390-1412. for instant help.