QuickBooks accounting software for business management is developed with a mix of exceptional and specialized features and tools, making it the most common and useful accounts software. It comes with a slew of awesome features that help users run their businesses more smoothly. QuickBooks has been redesigned to have a more user-friendly interface with many new features and tools. It can be built with a variety of third-party applications, making it simple and safe to use.
The IRS form W-2 is a statement that contains information about an employee’s salary and wages paid by his employer. This gives information on the taxes deducted from his paychecks. The information on the W-2 form is crucial when preparing tax returns for employees. When learning how to print a W-2 type in QuickBooks, you should be aware of the printing requirements.
If you need assistance with QuickBooks, please contact our experts by dialing our QuickBooks support USA number, and they will be happy to assist you.
Now let’s look at the printing requirements for QuickBooks Desktop W-2 types.
The Printing Specifications for QuickBooks Desktop
The following are the printing requirements for QuickBooks Desktop:
- When printing the W2 form on your QuickBooks Desktop and on paper, you must use black ink.
- Check to see if it’s compatible with the QuickBooks Payroll edition.
- Make sure you’re running QuickBooks Desktop on a compatible version.
- Make sure you have QuickBooks Payroll Standard or Upgraded Support active.
- You must have W-2 reports to your printer and payroll service in order for them to work.
- Utilizing preprinted laser printers or blank/perforated paper.
- Use the preprinted types if you have an inkjet printer.
- You must have the latest payroll tax table.
QuickBooks Desktop allows you to print W-2 forms.
Let’s go through the steps for printing W-2 forms now that you’ve done with the Desktop printing specifications:
Step 1: Open the W-2 and W-3 Forms in QuickBooks Desktop.
- First, tap on employees, then payroll tax forms and W-2s. To complete the process, press the payroll forms.
- Pick the annual transmittal Form W-2/W-3 -income and tax declaration from the drop-down menu. To create a shape, click the button.
- You must also choose all of the employees if you want to file the paperwork for all of them. To do so, click on the employee’s last name.
- Select the year of the form you want to print and click OK. Just one version of the tax form can be saved in QuickBooks Desktop. You must print W-2 forms for 2016 if you’ve a variant of the form for 2017, or if you want to use a newer version of the form.
- Pick the staff before printing the form. If you have not checked all of the W-2 forms, you must click on review/edit. You must click on the application form to begin the printing process. Select the staff who will print the form. Click Review/Edit if your W-2 forms haven’t been checked yet.
- Finally, you must select the print/e-file tab.
Step-2: Select the type of paper and the object to print in the Print W-2 and W-3 Forms pane.
To begin, choose between blank/perforated paper and preprinted forms.
- Next, choose who you want to print for under the Item to print section.
In case of Employees
When you’re using it, keep the blank / perforated paper handy.
3 copies per page: B, 2, and C.
4 copies per page: B, 2, 2, C.
Employee filing instructions: If not printed on file, it is needed.
When you use pre-printed forms, you can save time and money.
W-2 Copy B: two copies per tab for the employee’s federal tax return.
W-2 copy 2: two copies per tab for your state or local tax agency
W-2 Copy C: 2 per tab for employee information.
Employee filing instructions: If not already written on paper, this is needed.
W-2 Copy D: 2 copies per document for your records.
Employer filing instructions: for W-2 and W-3 forms
For the Government
W-3, per tab.
W-2-Copy A: 2 per tab for the Social Security Administration.
W-2-Copy 1: for your state or local tax agency, two copies per tab.
Step 3: Using your PDF Reader, export the form and begin printing it.
- If you’re using pre-printed formats, you’ll need to run a printing test.
- And after that, by clicking on the PDF, you could print it.
- Finally, launch the printing process from inside the PDF Reader.
We believe you’ve figured out how to print a W2 from QuickBooks Desktop. Before moving on, make sure you follow all of the instructions for printing a check on QuickBooks Online.
We have provided you with a step-by-step method for printing W-2 forms in QuickBooks in the previously listed blog. You’ll learn about printing specifications in addition to QuickBooks Online and Desktop. The blog also discusses Adobe Reader’s changes to emailing W-2 forms.
If you have any questions about how to print a W 2 in QuickBooks or need other QuickBooks help, please contact our QuickBooks Support USA team. Our experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They have accounting experience with both QuickBooks and bookkeeping applications. Send us an email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance. You could also access our website at www.qbooks247.com for further updates on QuickBooks.